Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Go Danny, Go Annop! Go AI!



Last night's AI was very entertaining...I thought the judges were a bit hard on some of the contestants "just because" they can.

It was a very interesting genre- Grand Ole Opry- of course I can't recall one contestant who actually sang country- they all put their own spin on the song, so they all sounded totally different than the original version- and in come cases a lot better.


My favorite outfits of the night go to:

Megan- and her makeup was gorgeous! I want that eye Shadow!

Lil- loved that hot pink dress- very classy- her makeup looked great as well!

The guys- not so much- Danny's outfit was awful, He did look like he was about to go skydiving and his shoes were butt ugly too! ....But his voice made up for it!


Danny (my personal fav) did a great version of "Jesus take the wheel"- Carrie)

I think he's going to win this entire thing- at least I hope so!

Love his voice- man it's awesome!


Anoop did so well- love his song choice (Always on my mind- Willie Nelson) and his vocals were flawless- he could sing me to sleep! His voice does NOT go w/ his face- but I like the combo b/c it's unexpected!


My Memphis girls did well- didn't love Lil singing "Independence Day"- Martina but she still sang the heck out of it. I liked Alexis' version of Joleen-Dolly and I disagree w/ the judges, I thought she did great! She looks great too! Go Alexis!


What the hell was up w/ Adam Lambert? I have a feeling that each week, I'm going to be asking that same question. That was the strangest performance, but the weird thing is- I can't say I didn't like it! He totally sounds like Justin Hawkins- lead singer of the Brit Band "The Darkness"

I was left somewhat "Dazed and Confused" after his performance and while he creeps me out- he has this sound like no one else, that keeps me wanting to see what he will do the next week... I am hoping they'll do 80's or Hair band/rock theme week so he can do something RAD! So, I'm not ready for him to leave just yet...but I sure hope he doesn't win- we'll see though.


One of the people that I haven't really paid attention to is Matt- really stood out last night, he was the last to perform and man, did he rock it! He's not necessarily the cutest- but his talent makes up for it- he may be a front runner....loved that he sang "So Small" -Carrie and it was A-MaZing...but I love that song anyway- I love Carrie, she's my favorite Idol winner to date! I have both her albums and every song is so good!


The competition is ON! These kids are really talented...I"m sorry to say- it's painfully uncomfortable to watch Michael- he sings well, but he makes these God Awful faces and maybe he is just "doing his thing" but I don't see him lasting long- in fact, he may be a goner tonight.

What was Paula talking about- telling him to get up from the Piano and be a showman- does she want him to just fall of the stage- um, hello, he's legally blind! Whatever, I think she just says whatever is on the tip of her tongue and it's fun to watch how annoyed Simon gets when she's speaking! It's like his brain is working overtime to jump in and one up her or call her out- guess that's part of the show- hm....like I said, I think it's all scripted! But I still love it!


Did anyone watch Oprah on Monday? I normally don't, but it was a special on documentaries on Windsor Castle in England, which I'm absolutely obsessed with...and also on the designer Valentino, but she had a segment w/ Ryan Seacrest and Behind the scenes at AI- the funniest thing to me is that everyone has a dressing room- except Simon- he has his own camper in the back lot- too funny! Ryan took the cameras back there and he is just chillin in his camper eating celery sticks...random!

Ryan also revealed that this year, he actually gets the name of the contestant who is eliminated 90 minutes before the live results show airs...and said all the contestants just stare at him trying to give it away in a glance, look, etc...but he has to treat them all the same so they "don't have a clue" Just more drama, I guess...we'll see who gets eliminated tonight, my vote is Michael, but I could be totally wrong.


Can't wait for Carrie and Brad Paisley to perform tonight, I always LOVE to see what Carrie is wearing! Her stylist is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment