Wednesday, March 11, 2009

American Idol- round one Top 13


Ok, this will be brief...For those of you who watched A.I. last night- here are my thoughts and opinions...


Top 6 of my pics- that I think are pretty obvious

1) Lil Rounds - did great last night

2) Danny Gokey- my personal favorite

3) Adam Lambert- he's odd, but very talented and will go far

4) Alexis Grace- she's really good- maybe not her best performance last night, but she's good!

5) Kris Allen - cute and folky/country

6) Allison Iraheta- very good- especially for her age


My thoughts on the remaining 7 that I predict will not make it to the top 6


1) Anoop Desai- Goofy and not that great- he'll go home tonight - at least I think

2) Jorge Nunez- Good vocals, but not very entertaining

3) Scott McIntyre- Great talent- hard to watch- too "Barry Manilow for me"

4) Megan Joy- Cute as can be- not that great- reminds me of Nelly Furtado when she sings

5) Jasmine Murray- too cute- not enough talent to get a record deal

6) Matt Giraud- Trying to hard to be J.T. and not anywhere near- plus J.T. is HOT!

7) Michael Sarver- great voice, not sure he's superstar material?



There is so much more I could comment on- outfits, hair, judges comments...but I'm so busy today at work...All I can say is I think Paula wants to jump half of the guys and she needs to simmer down "Do-n-na S-u-mm-e-r" (backwards)


Simon likes Danny, Lil, Adam and Allison the best-he's so obvious!

I'm going for Danny- forget about his story -forget he's not the hottest thing- but he's entertaining and not in an uncomfortable way- Adam is too over the top for me, he may have done well last night for MJ night, but I will buy Danny's record and I love his voice- he has that Michael McDonald sounds mixed w/ Joe Cocker.

I would LOVE to hear him sing "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mr. and "Turn the Page" by Bob Segar!!!
Thanks for reading!

We'll see what happens tonight when the votes come in!
Oh yeah...2 people are leaving- I think Anoop is a goner and it's either Megan or Jorge who's 2nd! Wonder what the suprise rule change is going to be? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your recap & agree! Go Danny Gokee Go!
    Lori (visit from Beth & Leslie)

    ReplyDelete