Tuesday, February 17, 2009

When it rains- it floods- literally!

Where do I start?
The last 24 hours have been a freaking nightmare...let me preface this by telling you I have been suffering from sinusitis off and on since last October! I finally broke down and went to the Ear, Nose and Throat Dr. about 4 weeks ago- I took my Augmentin and Prednisone- and went back for a follow up/ check up yesterday....only to find out that I STILL have an infection and on my right side behind my cheek (under my eye) I have a cyst - a sinus cyst, that may or may not be holding fluid- GREAT, freaking GREAT news!!!
Ok, soooooooooooooooooooo....the Dr. prescribes me this new anitbiotic- Ceftin- which of course we go for generic b/c it's only $5 on the insurance plan...the generic is Cefuroxime 500 MG-
I went ahead and took one last night around 9:00 pm..then headed upstairs to watch the long awaited "over night" dates on the Bachelor....about half way through the show, my back felt like it was sunburned, like I had been in a tanning bed for 3 hours- I was itching like no body's business and it hurt, so bad! I went in the bathroom, looked at my back and screamed
(I secretly love drama) :) ha ha ha... and then looked down at my legs and had hives welps and red itchy splotches all over me...I felt like some sort of crack head (like Dave Chappelle as Tyrone Biggums - see pic below)



Anyway- you get the picture- I was scratching like crazy...I took Benadryl, used Hydracortizone cream...nothing helped, and then I sneazed at last 13 or 14 times and became so stopped up, I couldn't breath- it was obvious that I was having a sever allergic reaction to the meds! This went on until around 4:00 am...I couldn't sleep...finally- I rememberd I had a stash of Afrin downstairs and I ran down and snorted the crap out of that- and opened up my nasal passage...aaahhh- I could breath and I went back upstairs and passed out... I woke up late, called my boss this a.m. to tell him of my late night drama and that I would be coming in, just a little late...or so I thought!?!?!?!

15 minutes after I woke up- I went to get Abbey a diaper and then went to my bathroom...not 2 minutes later I was changing Abbey's diaper and going to throw it in the Diaper Champ and I heard the toilet running...not overflowing, just running, like the tank was filling back up and wouldn't cut off...then I look in my bathroom and there is a TON of water! My new Zebra Rug in the bathroom was floating! YIKES...then I went into the closet/ room where the actual toilet was and there must have been 3 inches of water- it was border line white capping! I was screaming as usual when I panic and on the phone w/ Bryan...who is calmly telling me to turn off the water...so I do...then I hear another noise...what could it be? Is the downstairs toilet running too? Or is that just the rain I hear outside beating on the back porch roof? Or...........................

I walk down stairs and it is literally raining in my living room through the ceiling fan that is right beneath my bathroom!!!! Ok, so if you've been to my house, you know when we moved, I decided I wanted to re-do my color pallet in my house...so we haven't had any furniture in the great room for 10 months...until last week my new Z Gallerie velvet sofas arrived- FINALLY!So, of course, one of my new sofas is right below the fan- and it is getting a shower, literally! The adrenalin kicked in and I moved that sofa all by myself to safety out of the ceiling fan shower! I'm on the phone w/ Bryan saying- well, more like screaming "May Day, get home!!! House Flood" Thankfully- his office is 3 miles away and he was able to come home and call our insurance agent! I am running on 3 1/2 hours of sleep and no starbucks...not a good mix for me! Bryan is lucky enough to work from home and I just called my boss and told him I had more drama and was taking the day off-Abigail was out of school for a holiday- so she and I got in bed at 1:30 and slept all afternoon away- Lord knows I needed it! And...after a really long day and dealing w/ the insurance - I'm still not clear whether or not we'll get the sofa replaced...I will upload some pics later..the ceiling will totally have to be re-sheetrocked and the carpet, I'm about 90% sure will have to be replaced...but right now, have 6 huge fans blowing/drying everything out courtesy of Service Master, Inc... So, unless I shut the bedroom door, I'm going to feel like I'm sleeping in an airplane engine all night!

In Summary, I have a few thoughts:

1) I'm so glad I was home and not running out the door- otherwise Bryan would have come home to a completely flooded downstairs and everything would have been ruined completely- so I am thankful!

2) I'm so glad that my drama is only regarding personal property- which is material and can be replaced!

3) I will NEVER take Ceftin again- and the itching finally stopped this a.m. or maybe I blocked it out after seeing the rain in the living room!

4) It never fails- when I have a vacation or trip planned- something crazy happens! (like this) Thank goodness this didn't happen this time next week- we fly out to Orlando at 8:00 am Wed- I would not want to be dealing w/ this the day before our trip!

5) Why did Jason send Jillian home and keep Molly? Why!!?!?!?!? He better choose Melissa

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment