Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Twilight- can't believe how much I like it!

Ok....so for the past year, I kept hearing everyone tell me how good the Twilight series of books are...and I"m not a huge reader, I can't remember the last book I read, or even finished...I have a low attention span and I"m a TV addict, so if there aren't pictures or it's not a movie, I'm usually not one to jump on the band wagon... Ask me anything about US Weekly Magazine, People Magazine, or any TV shows and I can tell you just about anything- but it's pop culture and pictures (enough said).

Anyway, I put Twilight on our Netflix Que and actually got it the day it was released...but took about a week to sit down to watch it...so this past Saturday night, we watched it and I was surprised at how much I like it...and thought to myself, I bet the book is incredible...so I went to Borders Books on Monday and bought the book and finished the entire thing last night (Tuesday)- wow...really? over 500 pages in 2 days...that is SOOOOOO not me! I can't believe how much I am digging Edward Cullen- this book allowed me to go back to being a 17 year old girl, all over again, and reminded me of the "crush" feelings I once had in high school- amazing!
His character is so complex- and their "forbidden love" is so exciting, dangerous and honest that I can't get enough. I will admit, these books are an easy read, I was joking at work that of course I could read a 500 page book in 2 days when it's "Beverly Cleary" level writing (remember Romona Quimby books!?!?!) :) But seriously- these books are great! I'm one chapter into New Moon and can't wait to get home from work tonight to read more of it!

I'll blog more on my thoughts later...I've got to get to a meeting here at work...thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Just wait until you get to the third book! It's really good!! When I bought the first book I was in Target and some teeny-boppers walked by me and one of them said "OMG, That is the best book ever!"... I almost went and put it back!

    ReplyDelete